Treatment Connect is committed to protecting your privacy and securing any personal information we hold according to the General Data Protection Regulation in the European Union. If you have any questions please contact us at email@example.com.
Why do we collect your data?
We collect data in order to operate our service, streamline the process of booking an appointment and offer any extra services which may support your patient journey. A minimum amount of data is required in order to run our service at all. Without an email address we would not be able to reply to your query.
If you do not provide the basic contact information (email address) we cannot offer you any services.
What data we collect and store
We collect the minimum amount of information in order to deliver our service and offer you the best possible choice.
What data do we collect?:
- Email address - Email is our primary source of communication. Without an email address we will have no means of responding to your query. We will only ever send a message related to your query.
- Telephone number - This is optional but is the best form of communication if you have a more complex query.
- The hospital you have chosen to contact.
- The procedure, service or treatment you have chosen to query.
- Answers to the following questions which enable us to deliver our service more efficiently:
- Have you been to see a GP? Yes or No (required).
- Have you already seen a consultant? Yes or No (required).
- Are you interested in loan finance? Yes or No (optional).
Where is the data stored?
The data is stored on a secure server based in the EU. We will not take the data out of the EU and it will only ever be stored in a digital format.
How we use your data
We use your personal data to contact you and operate our service. We will only contact you with your consent.
Your data will be used by:
- employees of Treatment Connect to contact you directly and offer a personalised, efficient service.
- the relevant hospital of your choice to contact you if you choose to follow through with treatment (we will ask you for your permission at that stage).
- our finance partner if you wish to borrow to fund your treatment (we will ask you for your permission separately).
Anonymous usage data will be used for analytical purposes to improve the quality of our service. Your data will only be shared with our partners outside of Treatment Connect with your permission.
How long do we hold data?
We hold data for as long as is necessary to offer you our services. Once you have completed your treatment path and there are no outstanding queries or you choose not to follow through with treatment, your data will be deleted within two weeks.
At any time, you have the right to request all of the data we hold on you. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your information will be delivered in an electronic format to your contact email address. If you wish for your personal details to be permanently erased, please let us know at email@example.com and we will comply with your request within the one month statutory period.
If you are aware of a data breach, please report it to us in the first instance so we can take action and report it to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO).